Sunday, June 1, 2014

Tiny Card Show Loot

I realized there was a card show today in Wichita around noon. I double-checked and learned that Wichita legend, Antoine Carr was signing. I grabbed a blank autograph card and zoomed to Wichita. 




I had to blow that up so you could soak in how awesome that signature is. Carr was a helluva nice guy. I joked with him about some awful local commercials he did in the 90's and had him and his posse cracking up. I have huge hands, so it felt great shaking hands with someone who has bigger hands than me. 

The shop owner hosting the show gave me a random pack of 2014 Spring Fever. He had a box full of them, I guess Topps' scam/promo didn't work out so well. 




I overpaid for this A&G mini relic, but it's a nice addition to the A&G Exchange Program.

Same story here.

I didn't overpay for this one, but I'm very hesitant to add it to the program. It'll take a lot for me to give it away!


I love when Panini includes slightly obscure retired players in their card releases, since Topps likes to use the same retired players over and over and over and over. I got this for a whopping buck.


This one too. I'm still waiting to find a Phillies partner to trade with though...

Otherwise it was a pretty lame show. Not many tables and only one newcomer. The newcomer had a huge setup in the corner with TONS of junk wax boxes, mostly Fleer. I was pumped to check it out until I saw his price tags. $40 for a box of 1991 Fleer? No thanks. He was evidently another sad 1980's "card investor" who thought it was time to cash in on his gold that he had kept stored in the garage for 20+ years. 

4 comments:

  1. That Carr signature is awesome! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like it if Topps started putting in relics of guys of lesser stars too. And fewer Yankees/Mets/Red Sox, please. Like, where are the Amos Otis relics? Or the Larry Hisle autographs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 40 dollars for 1991 Fleer????? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Thanks for my biggest laugh of the day.

    ReplyDelete