Thursday, April 10, 2014

My Bouquet of Tokyo Roses

Recently a fellow blogger by the name of Zippy Zappy finished off his set of 2012 Sega Card-Gen cards. I instantly got jealous and ran to Ebay to see what I could find. If you aren't familiar with Sega Card-Gen, check out the third post I wrote on this blog. Sidenote: Can you believe that this is post #99? I can't. 

I found a seller from Japan who had three Royals cards listed that would fit perfectly in my collection.


This time around I don't have the privilege of translating the text, but it's summed up nicely by "Talented natural athlete". That's Eric Hosmer. He's also pretty intelligent, which is why there's still plenty of room for improvement as Hos enters his 4th season. I wouldn't argue with the 3 star grade either, especially in 2012.


I'd give anything to have 2011 & 2012 Billy Butler return for 2014. Not too long ago he was a double machine who sprayed the ball all over the park. If that returns in 2014, then the Royals truly do have a shot.


Did you know Alex weighs exactly 100kg? Me neither. "Provides a strong arm in the outfield" is an understatement. From 2011-2013 Gordon had 54 outfield assists. The next closest outfielder in baseball over that span was Jeff Francouer with 40. That's how you earn three straight gold gloves.


2 comments:

  1. Those are cool cards. Maybe someday I'll try to get a few for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, I just found a Hosmer (and an Aaron Crow) for you and was about to send you a trade offer.

    (Rough) Hosmer Translation:
    Made his major league debut on May 6th, 2012 as the most anticipated first baseman in the U.S. His family made a guest appearance on live TV and then (Hosmer) hit his first major league home run which went all the way into the second deck at Yankee Stadium. He was the AL Rookie of the Month for the month of July and finished the year with his name firmly in the everyday lineup. By September 20th he had an average over .300 but finished the season with a .293 average.

    If you want a translation for the Gordon and Butler LMK.

    ReplyDelete