Sunday, January 5, 2014

No Wait in 2014

Christmas came and went, but my best card gift came in 2014! After making a cheesy joke about a Gallagher show-used watermelon relic card (which doesn't exist... yet), a friendship was born between P-Town Tom and myself. 

Coming to an Allen & Ginter set near you hopefully soon
Tom again proved that there's no place like blogland for generosity and taste. Here are some of my favorites:
These two are the day glow parallels from 2013 Archives. Of course they look way better in person but don't scan well.

A '99 Bowman Chrome RC of good ol' Dermal Brown

The one and only Royal in the Finest base set this year I think.
Maybe I don't mind Panini since they tend to do a good job with the Royals uniforms. I really like 2013 Prizm, but I know I'm in the minority

Seriously, this is one of the best Alex Gordon cards of 2013. Plus, Panini has no issue with including him in every set unlike Topps.

A great Brian McRae card coming off the best season of his career and an awesome odd-ball Brett from a Kay Bee Toys set that I needed. 


The fire-armed prospect I've been waiting years for. Expect to see tons of his RC's in 2014 Topps, I just hope he makes the OD rotation.

I've longed for this relic on COMC for a while, but had thought that the AG- was also a jersey piece. Turns out it's just the J. UD had some wacky relic decisions towards the end, but I love it nonetheless!

Here's probably the most significant Royals RC since 1975 Topps #228 and now I own it. Boom!

And here's the card that kicked the friendship off. Thanks Tom, no idea how I'll match this awesome gift but I'll do my best!



2 comments:

  1. I've seen numerous of those Archives Day Glow cards around the blogosphere and they NEVER scan well. I wonder why that is?

    I'm glad you liked the Royals package... I've never had a Royals guy to trade with before so I've just been collecting Royals goodness and stashing it. Glad I could share!

    ReplyDelete