Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Royal Haul from Dominic

Today has been pretty damn good so far. As of now, Kansas is rocking Oklahoma State and an unexpectedly big package arrived in the mail from my good friend, Dominic. There were over 50 great Royals cards for my PC, but here are some of my favorites.
This is my first blue border arrival since I declared them my niche! It also may be one of the last great catcher collision cards. 

I love chrome diecuts, and this Hosmer card from 2012 Topps Chrome has eluded me as has this 2011 Heritage RC of Jarrod Dyson... until now.

No package is complete with an Alex Gordon, so Dominic threw in tons of them. This Prizm-style card from 2013 Select is one I've been drooling over on Ebay, and I can attest that it's way cooler and shinier in person.

It's a shame that this "Band of Brothers" insert left out the Royals best player in Alex Gordon, but it's still a winner. John Lamb on the other hand is not. A once hyped prospect, he's now an example of how not everyone returns from Tommy John surgery well.

I about crapped when I saw this Bo Jackson card sitting on top. It's glossy and gorgeous, so my first thought was "TIFFANY!?!" but it ended up just being a Cards Your Mom Threw Out insert. It was one that I needed though! Also, James Shields wants you to look at his butt.

Manea is my new favorite Royals prospect. He could turn some heads this year.

I almost missed the day glow orange on this Hosmer card. I already miss David Lough who is now taking his gritty all American playing style to Baltimore.

When this USA photo was taken, the player on the left was supposed to be "the next" player on the right. Instead, he became "the first" Alex Gordon and I love him for it.

I'm compiling some more loose packs for door prizes during the 2014 Typhoon Haiyan charity break! Assuming we get another 4 or 5 teams claimed soon, the break will take place during the second or third week of February. Claim your team now and pay any time between now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment