I'm a real bargain hunter and I assume you are too. That or you're filthy rich and don't care. The only way to not go crazy in this hobby is to feel like you're getting a good deal, especially with the prices of boxes the way they are today. I subscribe to every email list I can to find the best deals on products and I figured I'd share the wealth with you! The following is a list of some of the great deals going on right now that I've found, PLEASE feel free to share any I've missed so I can add them in!
- The infamous Larry Fritsch Cards is running a Name Your Price promotion this weekend only! Simply find an item or more on their site, then email firstname.lastname@example.org with the price you're willing to pay. They'll either accept on the spot or send you a counter.
- Blowout Cards has some sick deals in their weekend specials. The one that pops out immediately is the price on 2011 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects. This product is known as one of the most jam packed Bowman lines to roll of the shelf... ever. Featuring autographs from Bryce Harper, Archie Bradley, Dylan Bundy, George Springer, Javier Baez, Jose Fernandez, Kolten Wong, Sonny Gray, Trevor Bauer and many more. Plus Mike Trout RC's!
- Dave & Adam's has a couple nice Daily Deals (especially for Chromies) but their clearance aisle is where it's at. If you're just itching to rip something, you can grab retail boxes for pennies on the dollar.
- My go-to online store is Steel City Collectibles. They offer the best everyday prices and ALWAYS offer FREE SHIPPING on any order over... wait for it... $25. Seriously. To top it off, their customer service is outstanding and they process your shipment in incredible time. The selection isn't as large as some of the other stores, but it's more than adequate. The best value is a hobby box of 2013 USA Champions Baseball for just $39.99. You're guaranteed 5 hits and will almost certainly get 6.
- DCS Sports Cards has the best deal I've seen so far on 2013 Topps Heritage Minors, a product that was super popular last year.
- 2013 Topps Mini Baseball is back in stock at Shop Topps for $52.99.
- (Reserved for your suggestion)
In other news, I mailed out half of the Prizm break yesterday and the other half is packed and ready to ship on Monday. Just got to get down to the post office so I can mail out to my Canadian brethren!
I mentioned in my last post how I was screwed over in the 500 wax pack lot I purchased. After several attempts to contact the company I purchased from, they finally agreed to send me another lot with a better mix. We'll see what happens with that. Unfortunately that means some of you from the Prizm break will be getting '89 Topps and '88 Donruss. Maybe you'll find a PSA 10 Randy Johnson RC or something.
I received "repacks" from The Lost Collector and Play at the Plate! Both went above and beyond, and I'm excited to share my spoils with you guys in upcoming posts. Thanks for the read! Here's a picture of a dinosaur baseball card: